Increase in the welcome bonus to 75,000 bonus for the United business card, no annual fee for the first year (limited-time offer, valid until 11/8/2023)
PointsCrowd is a community-supported platform. When you apply for a credit card, make an order, or otherwise interact with the advertisers through the links on this page we may earn an affiliate commission. This helps us maintain and develop the platform further at no cost to you.
If you’re a small business entrepreneur who occasionally travels with United Airlines, the United Business Card might be a suitable addition to your wallet. Although it comes with a $99 annual fee (waived for the inaugural year), the card’s comprehensive benefits may easily compensate for the cost.
Dive deep into the unique features of the United Business Card and see if it aligns with your business requirements.
Is the United Business Card right for you?
The United Business Card shines for small business entrepreneurs who often fly United. To put it into perspective, if you pay for checked baggage four times annually, costing around $120, you’re already saving money considering the regular $99 annual fee.
The package also throws in a couple of one-time passes to United Club after account initiation and on your card’s anniversary. Plus, enjoy a 25% discount on United inflight purchases. Even if you’re not a frequent flier, these perks can still be valuable. Additionally, if your business often requires goods with a warranty, the card’s extended warranty feature could be of interest. Not to mention, its purchase and travel protection are there for those unexpected hiccups.
Introductory Offer for New Cardholders
For a limited time, the United Business Card offers an attractive 75,000 bonus miles when you make purchases worth $5,000 within the initial three months. With the latest valuation pegging United miles at about 1.1 cents each, this bonus translates to an estimated value of $825.
However, some restrictions apply: If you’re a current or previous cardholder who’s availed the new member bonus in the past two years, you won’t qualify for this offer.
Remember, Chase perceives the United Business Card as distinct from other United-branded business cards. So if you’ve owned one of the other United cards, you’re still in the race for this bonus.
Moreover, Chase’s unpublicized 5/24 rule might impact your application. If you’ve activated five or more credit cards within the previous 24 months, your approval might be on the line.
Key Features and Benefits
Designed with small business proprietors in mind, the United Business Card comes packed with exclusive perks, especially if you don’t already have elite status with United or the Star Alliance network. Some highlighted features include:
Streamlined Travel with United (Free First Checked Bag and Priority Boarding)
When flying United, both you and a travel buddy can check your first bags for free, provided you book with your United Business Card. And with priority boarding, evade the hassles of basic economy.
United Club Access
Regardless of your travel frequency, access to United Club lounges can be a lifesaver, especially during flight disruptions. A list of all United Club locations and United Polaris lounges can be found here.
Additional incentives of the United Business Card
From a $100 credit after seven eligible United transactions to a “Better Together” bonus and extended award availability, this card ensures that the perks keep rolling.
- One can obtain a $100 travel credit with United following certain flight acquisitions.
- A collective 5,000 bonus miles are awarded on the anniversary if an individual possesses both the UnitedSM Business Card and a personal United credit card.
- For each $12,000 spent using the United Business Card, an individual can accumulate 500 Premier qualifying points, with a maximum limit of 1,000 PQP annually. These points contribute to achieving Premier status, up to the Premier 1K® level.
- A 25% refund is given on United’s inflight and Club premium beverage expenses.
- Companies can obtain cards for their employees without any extra charge, and they have the capability to designate distinct spending caps on each of these employee cards.
- For the main cardholder, there’s an opportunity to witness an extended range of award availability when they utilize their miles to book flights operated by United.
- Whenever available, primary cardholders can enjoy the luxury of complimentary Premier upgrades on their United flights when they are using an award ticket.
- When reserving a stay with The Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection using the card, members can experience benefits that resemble those of elite status at selected establishments.
- For those unforeseen travel mishaps, the card provides numerous travel protections including, but not limited to, compensation for trip delays, insurance for trip cancellations and interruptions, coverage for baggage delays and lost luggage, waivers for auto rental collision damages, roadside help, and travel accident insurance.
- On the shopping front, cardholders enjoy safeguards such as purchase protection and an extended warranty cover.
- Lastly, the card does not charge any fees on foreign transactions.
Mileage Earnings and Redemption
For every dollar spent on various purchases like United services, gas stations, and restaurants, you receive 2 United miles. And for all other eligible transactions, you earn 1 mile per dollar.
When it’s time to redeem, using your miles for airline tickets usually yields the best value.
Other credit card offers for business from United
For a thorough comparison of United’s business cards, visit the provided link.
For small business individuals who frequently fly United, the United Business Card offers a suite of perks. With benefits ranging from free checked bags to priority boarding and excellent travel protections, it’s a card that truly delivers. If the card’s advantages bring in value exceeding its annual fee, it’s worth giving the United Business Card a second glance.
- Increase in the welcome bonus to 75,000 bonus for the United business card, no annual fee for the first year (limited-time offer, valid until 11/8/2023)
- The annual fee for using the card is USD 99 (it is not charged in the first year)
- How many MileagePlus miles you earn when you use
- 2 miles per $1 spent on purchases from United® including tickets, Economy Plus®, Inflight food, beverages, Wi-Fi and other United charges
- 2 miles per $1 spent on dining
- 2 miles per $1 spent at gas stations, office supply stores, and on local transit and commuting
- 1 mile per $1 spent on all other purchases*
- Benefits of using
- Free First Checked Bag and Priority Boarding
- 2 United ClubSM one-time passes each year
- Earn a $100 United travel credit after qualifying flight purchases
- 5,000 better-together anniversary bonus miles when you have the UnitedSM Business Card and a personal United credit card
- Earn up to 1,000 Premier qualifying points
- 25% back on United inflight and Club premium drink purchases
- Which credit card do you think is the best for reward flights if you have a small business?