Eat Around Town by Marriott Bonvoy 6K Points New Member Bonus
PointsCrowd is a community-supported platform. When you apply for a credit card, make an order, or otherwise interact with the advertisers through the links on this page we may earn an affiliate commission. This helps us maintain and develop the platform further at no cost to you.
Marriott Bonvoy makes it easy to decide what to eat on vacation with the Eat Around Town app. You can earn Marriott Bonvoy points at thousands of participating restaurants, and there’s even a hefty welcome bonus for newcomers to the app.
See how you can qualify for up to 6,000 bonus points with the New Member Bonus.
Earn Up to 6,000 Bonvoy Points
Eat Around Town was launched in 2019 and includes more than 11,000 restaurants, bars, and clubs. The New Member Bonus is for Marriott Bonvoy members creating a new dining profile on the app and meeting spending requirements. It’s a tiered system rewarding a minimum of 1,000 bonus points and up to 6,000 total. Here’s the breakdown:
- Earn 1,000 bonus points the 1st time you spend at least $30
- Earn 2,000 bonus points the 2nd time you spend at least $30
- Earn 3,000 bonus points the 3rd time you spend at least $30
Note that Marriott Bonvoy sells 1,000 points for $12.50. Purchasing the points directly costs $75 for 6,000 Bonvoy points instead of $90 to get the New Member Bonus. However, one could argue that you have to eat anyway while on vacation, so why not earn extra Bonvoy points!
Marriott Bonvoy members can maximize their point earnings even more with the offer. Members earn 4x points per dollar spent, and elite status members earn 6x points.
Marriott Bonvoy credit cards also earn points on dining spending:
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless® Credit Card – $95 annual fee – earn 3x points on dining spending (first $6,000 combined with gas stations and grocery stores)
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold® Credit Card – no annual fee – earn 1x point per $1 spent
- Marriott Bonvoy Bevy™ American Express® Card – $250 annual fee – earn 4x points on dining spending (up to $15,000 combined with supermarkets, then reduced to 2x points per dollar spent)
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant® American Express® Card – $650 annual fee – earn 3x points on restaurants
How to Start Earning
Several criteria must be met before you can start earning your way toward the bonus points. And Marriott doesn’t make it as simple as dine and earn. Here are the steps to follow to ensure your Eat Around Town purchases qualify for the bonus:
- Visit eataroundtown.marriott.com
- Click ‘Sign In/Join Now’ to log in or create a Marriott Bonvoy account
- Link a credit or debit card to your account
- Pay with your linked card at participating restaurants (dine in or take out)
- Complete online restaurant review within 30 days of dining
- Stay opted in to receive emails from Eat Around Town
Pay attention to the steps before and after you dine. Members who do not leave a review will not earn bonus points, even if they meet the minimum spend limit.
The New Member Bonus runs until June 30, 2023. You must complete each review within the promotional period and keep the emails active until this date. Bonus points are delivered within 6-8 weeks of completing each bonus.
The Eat Around Town app and website provide lots of information for members participating in the bonus offer. It displays restaurants within a set radius of your location to make it easy to find and pick a place to eat. The important details about the qualifying restaurants are available on the details page. A few things to make a note of while browsing includes:
See what days are eligible for earning points. Some days may be blackout days
Don’t go over the visit limit. Any visits after the limit is met will not qualify to earn bonus points
Note the maximum spending limit. You may not be able to complete all of your visits at the same restaurant.
Other offers may be available on the app, but the New Member Bonus cannot be combined with other offers.
The New Member Bonus makes the bonus points accessible to many. It’s a great way to migrate Bonvoy members to the app, and it’s beneficial for members to find restaurants. Its interface makes it great for getting dining ideas while traveling or even discovering new places near home, and you’ll still earn points.
It’s an effective way to boost the popularity of the Eat Around Town app. More customer reviews benefit the app users and making opting in for emails mandatory means they can deliver promotions and other communications more effectively.
Want more ways to dine and earn? Learn how to earn Marriott Bonvoy Points with Uber Eats!