Earn United Miles With End-of-Year Shopping
PointsCrowd is a community-supported platform. When you apply for a credit card, make an order, or otherwise interact with the advertisers through the links on this page we may earn an affiliate commission. This helps us maintain and develop the platform further at no cost to you.
Holidays are one of the busiest shopping times of the year. As you wrap up a busy shopping season, your end-of-the-year gift-giving can turn into more miles for your future travels with United Airlines. United and Chase have partnered to give travelers the gift that keeps on giving well into the new year!
United MileagePlus Holiday Bonus
United MileagePlus members can activate a special bonus with eligible United Chase cards to receive bonus miles on qualifying purchases:
- Earn 10x miles on every dollar spent at gas stations
- Earn 5x miles on every dollar spent on Amazon.com and grocery stores (includes gift cards, Amazon Fresh, Amazon Prime subscriptions, items from third-party merchants sold through Amazon.com, and Whole Foods Market physical and online stores).
The miles bonuses have a combined limit of $1,500 for purchases up until 11:59 PM on December 31, 2022. That means you could earn up to 15,000 miles with the promotion! It’s an excellent opportunity to add lots of miles to your United MileagePlus account if you last some last-minute gift-giving before the New Year.
Note that while your qualified transactions must occur within the promotional period, it can take up to eight weeks before the United miles are added to your MileagePlus account.
Eligible United Cards for the Holiday Bonus
The United MileagePlus holiday bonus is available for members holding eligible United Chase credit cards. The following cards must be used when making your purchases to count towards receiving the bonus miles:
- United Club℠ Card ($525 annual fee)
- United Quest℠ Card ($250 annual fee)
- United℠ Explorer Card ($95 annual fee)
- United℠ Presidential Plus℠ Card ($450 annual fee)
- United MileagePlus® Awards Card ($60 annual fee)
The holiday bonus is a significant increase than the standard miles bonuses awarded for dollars spent on the United credit cards, generally in the 2x-4x range. In addition to the point miles bonuses, members maintain all the cardholder perks.
Activating the Holiday Miles Bonus
There is a limited time left to take advantage of the holiday bonus using your eligible United card. The only way to start earning the bonus miles with qualified purchases is by activating your United card. United MileagePlus members must complete the following steps before using their card:
1. Visit https://www.chase.com/mybonus/ggaunited6
2. Complete the form with your Last Name, the Last 4 digits of your United credit card number, and your Zip Code
3. Click ‘Activate now’ to identify your account
4. Start earning!
Although the promotion officially lasted between October 1-December 31, 2022, sadly, cardholders who did not activate the promotion prior to spending did not earn towards the United MileagePlus holiday bonus. The good news is that United cards still earned standard point multipliers on spending. But with a couple of days left in the promotion, there’s still time to boost your account.
Leave a comment if you’re a last-minute shopper to take advantage of the holiday bonus last call.