American Express 20% Transfer Bonus to Marriott Bonvoy
PointsCrowd is a community-supported platform. When you apply for a credit card, make an order, or otherwise interact with the advertisers through the links on this page we may earn an affiliate commission. This helps us maintain and develop the platform further at no cost to you.
American Express is rolling out a tempting offer until November 30, 2023, for its U.S. cardholders. They’re providing a 20% bonus on transferring Membership Rewards points to Marriott Bonvoy.
Previous Offers Comparison
- Last Offer: 25% transfer bonus to Marriott Bonvoy
- Current Offer: 20% transfer bonus, representing a decrease from the previous offer
Each country imposes distinct transfer rules for the Membership Rewards program, so it’s advisable to review your individualized offers through the online platform.
How to access the Amex bonus transfer offer
- Location: Membership Rewards section in the online account
- For Non-Linked Accounts: You need to scroll to the end of the partner page to see the offer for hotel affiliate programs
- Without Bonus: 1000 Membership Rewards points = 1000 Marriott Bonvoy points
- With 20% Bonus: 1000 Membership Rewards points = 1200 Marriott Bonvoy points
- Effective Rate: 1.20 Marriott Bonvoy points per US$ spent in non-multiplier categories
Considering the total value of Membership Rewards points, the exchange rate of 1.2 points for every dollar may not be very favorable.
Alternative Methods for Accumulating Marriott Bonvoy Points
Fortunately, there are additional methods to accumulate Bonvoy points beyond transferring points from other currencies. You can earn Bonvoy points through these credit cards:
- Marriott Bonvoy Bountiful Credit Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Bevy American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express® Card
Read more about credit cards and earning Marriott Bonvoy Points in the article The Marriott Bonvoy Program, All You Need to Know
Moreover, Marriott periodically offers Bonvoy points for sale at reduced prices, presenting another potentially advantageous option for acquiring points. Here’s one of the latest promotions for selling points.
If you need more points to book a specific hotel, this offer may make sense, but overall, the value of this offer is questionable. If you’re looking to accumulate Marriott points, a better strategy would be to apply directly for the Amex or Chase Bonvoy cards rather than transferring points from the Membership Rewards or Chase Ultimate Rewards programs.