Up to 120K Bonus Points With Southwest Airlines Credit Card Offer + Companion Pass
PointsCrowd is a community-supported platform. When you apply for a credit card, make an order, or otherwise interact with the advertisers through the links on this page we may earn an affiliate commission. This helps us maintain and develop the platform further at no cost to you.
Southwest Airlines gears up to become the choice airline for business owners with a limited-time welcome bonus increase on the Chase Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Card. It’s a chance for new cardholders to earn up to 120,000 points and the popular companion pass.
If you’re in the market for a new business credit card, this offer can reward you with points, perks, and more! Let’s dive into the details.
Southwest doubles its original 60K bonus points offer to 120K points! It’s a two-step offer to maximize your bonus with the offer:
- Get 60,000 bonus Rapid Rewards points after spending $3,000 total within the first 3 months of opening an account.
- Get an additional 60,000 bonus Rapid Rewards points after spending $15,000 total within the first 9 months of opening an account.
To sum it up, meeting the $15,000 minimum spending requirement within the first nine months will reward 120,000 bonus points. Not only is it a hefty welcome bonus, but reaching the spending requirements will also earn tons more points—even enough to qualify for a Companion Pass.
The Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Card lets users earn unlimited points:
- Earn 3x points for every $1 spent on Southwest Airlines purchases
- Earn 2x points on qualifying Rapid Rewards hotel and car rental partners
- Earn 2x points per $1 spent on transportation, commuting, and rideshare services
- Earn 1x point for every $1 on all other purchases
- Get 6,000 points every year on your card anniversary
Use the Rapid Rewards calculator to input your approximate spending across the different categories to see how many points you will earn. For example, spending $15,000 on the card nets a minimum of 186,000 points after including additional point bonuses applied on the card, such as:
- Earning 1,500 tier qualifying points (TWPs) for every $10,000 spent and
- Earn a 10,000 points boost for Companion Pass qualifying points every year.
Getting the Companion Pass only requires 135,000 points, so you’ll automatically earn it while completing the spending requirements for the limited-time welcome bonus.
Is the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Card Right for your business?
Since this is a business credit card, only business owners can apply for it, and you must provide a few details about your business when applying for it. It’s a great card option for business owners who frequently fly with Southwest Airlines, which has routes to 121 destinations in 42 states and Central America. Here are a few perks that benefit your business when using this credit card:
- 2 EarlyBird Check-Ins per year (Southwest Airlines seats are first-come, first-served so that you can increase your chances for a better seat)
- Unlimited reward seats with no blackout dates
- Get 25% back on in-flight purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- Get a $500 fee credit for points transfers
- Complimentary bags for up to two checked bags
- No change fees
Cardholders can also get employee cards that earn points under the same account. So, even your employee spending will count towards the $15,000 spent to earn the welcome bonus.
How valuable is the offer?
Consider your business expenses to determine if you will be able to meet the welcome bonus spending requirements. Earning the first 60K bonus points is the typical offer on this credit card, so there is no rush to sign up if you can only meet the $3,000 total in three months. The better value is getting the extra 60,000 points after spending $15,000 in nine months.
According to NerdWallet, Southwest Rapid Rewards points are worth approximately 1.5 cents each—giving the offer a total value of $1,800. However, if you factor in earning the Companion Pass, which lets a companion fly free (taxes and fees apply), then the offer value skyrockets.
The best way to redeem Rapid Rewards points is with reward flights. Having 120,000 points can cover international trips like a one-way Business Select ticket from Los Angeles, CA, to San Jose, Costa Rica, for about 60,000 points. Or cross-country flights like a one-way Business Select ticket between San Francisco to New York City for less than 20,000 points.
Other redeemable rewards include gift cards, retail merchandise, hotel stays, travel experiences, and exclusive event access.
This latest offer for the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Card is one of the best yet, with double the welcome bonus offer than usual. The offer is valid until 8/28/23 to apply and open your account, then up to nine months to meet the spending requirements. Bonus points can take up to eight weeks to post to your account. It has a $99 annual fee.
Southwest Rapid Rewards points are best used with redeeming on Southwest flights. So, only get the card if you’re a frequent flyer on the airline, especially if you can use the most valuable perk from the offer—getting the Companion Pass!
Let us know in the comments if you’re excited about claiming the offer.