Get Up to 30% Dining Discount at IHG and Earn Bonus Reward Points
PointsCrowd is a community-supported platform. When you apply for a credit card, make an order, or otherwise interact with the advertisers through the links on this page we may earn an affiliate commission. This helps us maintain and develop the platform further at no cost to you.
Save and earn on your next meal with dining discounts available to all IHG One Rewards members. Indulge in dining experiences at participating restaurants in 14 countries globally and earn rewards with every bite. Now, IHG One Rewards members can leave with their stomachs and wallets full while the offer lasts.
Find out which IHG One Rewards members get the dining discount and how you can earn reward points at the participating restaurants in the Middle East, Africa, and South Asia regions.
Dining Discounts for IHG One Rewards Members
The exclusive dining discount is the latest perk for members of the IHG One Rewards loyalty program. Until December 30, 2023, IHG is giving members up to 30% discount when dining at participating restaurants. It pays to be an IHG One Rewards elite status member because the discounts are even greater for top-tier members.
Here’s a breakdown of the dining discount offers with the IHG One Rewards program:
- Receive a 25% dining discount if you have IHG One Rewards Club, Silver Elite, or Gold Elite membership
- Receive a 30% dining discount if you are a Platinum Elite or Diamond Elite member
InterContinental is one of IHG’s premium hotel brands with its own exclusive loyalty program: InterContinental Ambassador. Members of this program get access to all Platinum Elite Status benefits with IHG One Rewards and qualify for a 30% discount at participating restaurants.
Participating Restaurants for IHG Dining Discount
IHG has a portfolio of close to 6,000 properties located across 100+ countries. Many international IHG properties feature onsite restaurants, ranging from upscale dining establishments to convenience to cultural experiences spotlighting cuisines from the local regions.
Find participating restaurants in these countries:
- Saudi Arabia
The complete list of participating restaurants by country is available here. Since you don’t have to stay at the hotel to dine and get a discount, find the best restaurant options nearby.
Dine and Earn IHG One Rewards Points
IHG One Rewards have an alternative way to earn rewards points to redeem for benefits, including reward night stays at IHG hotels, IHG experiences, shopping discounts at retail partners, exchange for miles on airline partners, and more. The new dining offer now includes IHG rewards point earnings every time you spend.
Earn 100 IHG Reward points for every $10 spent at participating restaurants.
IHG reward points are worth approximately 0.5-0.7 cents per point. Therefore, you can expect to get about $0.50-$0.70 in value for each $10 spent. It’s not worth spending more just to get the points. However, it’s an excellent benefit added for the price you already pay for the meal.
How to Get a Dining discount
IHG One Rewards members can take advantage of the dining discount regardless of whether they’re staying at the property or not. Many onsite restaurants are open to the public and gladly welcome members to dine in. There are two ways to get the dining discount and points applied to your final restaurant bill.
- Eat Only – If you’re only dining at a participating restaurant but not staying at the hotel, you must verify your membership when paying your bill by presenting the IHG Rewards membership app or showing your physical or digital membership card.
- Staying at the hotel – if you’re dining at a participating restaurant located in an IHG property you’re staying at, charge the meal under the membership room.
Limits and Exclusions with the New IHG Dining Offer
The IHG Dine With Rewards offer is only available in select regions. In addition to location, the offer includes several other limits and exclusions to keep in mind.
- Blackout Days – it’s up to the restaurant’s discretion to include blackout dates for using the dining discount, such as on holidays.
- Excluded purchases – purchases of alcohol, seasonal menus, in-room minibar, in-room dining, events/banquets, tobacco, shish, and others do not qualify for the dining discount
- Minimum Spend – some restaurants have a minimum spend before applying the dining discount. Be sure to verify with your server to ensure you can take advantage of the savings
- Used Exclusively – The dining discount can’t be combined with food and beverage credits available through elite status perks.
IHG Hotels & Resorts encourages travelers to try the range of restaurants available at its global properties by enticing members with a dining discount and earning points with spending. Now, there’s always a reason to visit an IHG property, even if you’re not staying there. Get access to participating restaurants when taking advantage of trips like this stay at Intercontinental Hotels Dubai Festival City for only 61,000 IHG Rewards Club Points and dine at Pierre’s TT serving food from a Michelin-starred chef.